iPad Love

I have an iPad.  Yes I am 100% into technology and couldn't wait to get my hands on this amazing adult toy. It's funny when you think about it because the kind of sewing I most enjoy, by hand with simple needle and thread, is about as basic as you can get. Yet when it comes to designing, sharing and exploring my simple art form, I'm full speed ahead with anything modern and the iPad is the ultimate gadget to quilting geekdom.

Not only do I write this blog 99% of the time on it, but I also draw quilt blocks with a vector based drawing app, figure out fabric yardage with another app and even watch The Quilt Show on the go with it. I love my iPad so much I've named it My Precious.

So for all you fellow quilting geeks out there heres a list of apps I've discovered that are specifically designed for quilters or can be adapted to be useful to a quilter:

• Awesome Note -  I use this to write my blog and keep a daily diary.
• Freeform -  this is a vector based drawing program that is useful in making quilt blocks.
•  Noteshelf and Studio Art -  both of these are great drawing programs that use natural handwriting to draw and write notes to yourself for quilt ideas.
• Quilt Fab, Block Tool and Easy Quilt are all apps created specifically for quilters that assist in most things quilty.
• Quilt Project is a one- stop- shopping app that appears to do it all. Though I must admit I haven't drove into it well enough yet to give you a thumbs up or down on it -  but I have it anyway.
• Kaleidoscope is just that -  a kaleidoscope program that makes beautiful kaleidoscopes that you can print and use if you need inspiration to create a kaleidoscope quilt. It's very cool.
• And finally, Quilt Index.  This app connects to the Internet to bring you a quilt a day from the collections of numerous textile museums all over the world.  If you're a quilt history fan, this is a great app to have.

Ok, that's my list. Have I missed anything?






| Created : Jan 27, 2011 8:17 PM | Style : Background5, Font1, Size16 |
| To-do : Uncompleted |

Comments

Popular Posts