Block One of Swoon

This is my first swoon block.



I don't know how happy I am with it.

Firstly, the centre block is my theme fabric.



It's from a line called





and all my swoon blocks will have the centre blocks cut from these this fabric, all different colors and different motifs.












Even though all the fabrics around this themed block are complimentary, I think because the themed fabric is so bright I may have to use some of it in the surrounding areas to bring the block together. As I'm looking at it now it looks a bit disjointed, even though all the colors match well (though it doesn't show up as such in these photos).

Rats - I'm going to have to remove the centre block I think and maybe replace it with one of the other themed fabrics for a better fit or I'll have to unpick some of the surrounding blocks and incorporate some of the centre block fabric into it. Either way it means a lot of 'reverse sewing'.

Darn.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts