Always Thinking....


I’ve been in a bit of a quilting slump this past week.  Though I have plenty of projects to keep me busy I haven’t spent much time in my sewing room.  This happens to me once in a while.

But, even though I haven’t done any actual sewing/quilting/piecing, I have been THINKING about it – does that count?  And here’s what I’ve been thinking:

  •  There are at least five ideas floating around in my head that need to get out and on paper/iPad.  I’ve been playing with some ideas through a fantastic app called Paper.  My husband is a genius at planning and symmetry and usually if I mention an idea to him he’s great at helping me to conceptualize it and put it on paper (even if it’s not on actual paper but instead in Paper.....).  As I’m a mad patriotic red, white, and blue fan, I’m planning another patriotic quilt with a very modern look.  I’m hopeful what is in my head will make it successfully to paper to be paper pieced.
 
  • I have two beautifully hand pieced projects languishing in my storage close that need to get assembled into a top and quilted.  You would think since I went through all the time of effort in hand piecing these blocks I would be anxious to actually get them together as a quilt.  Go figure.
 
  • I’ve been pondering how I can take the loads of very traditional, Civil War style fabric that I have mountains of and give them a modern twist in upcoming projects.  Though I love all the fabrics and love them in a traditional block setting, I want to experiment in taking the traditional into the modern.  Much of what I see in the modern quilt movement achieves its non-traditional look through color and contemporary fabric choice.  I want to try and achieve an overall modern feeling piece using a generous amount of reproduction fabrics.  This has my brain working in overload.
So, stay turned for what I eventually come up with.  And I’ll post pics soon of works in progress.























Comments

  1. Thinking about it counts. It's a big part of the process after all. Janine x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts