New Fabric





These are two new fabrics I bought over the weekend from Textile Traders.  The first one is of old advertising ads which are black printed motifs on a white background.  And the other is red and white stripped fabric with Civil War battle names printed in black written across the stripes.  I don't have a plan for either fabric at the moment.  I just bought them because they caught my eye.  I already have a tremendous amount of Civil War fabric I've collected all through last year when I was working on Barbara Brackman's block of the week Civil War quilt project.  I guess I'm just in the habit of picking some of this style fabric up when I see a print that interests me.  

I'm sure at some point I'll make another Civil War style quilt, but right now I'm in modern mode.  That's what's wonderful about quilting, there are so many options, so many styles, so much choice in prints, colors and patterns.  Why stick with only one genre?

Comments

Popular Posts