I'm Back!


That's right.  After a shocking hiatus of two months, I'm back in the saddle and ready to write in my blog again.  I won't go into details as to the reason for my absence.  But as I've written before, life always comes before blogging so lets just say that life has been keeping me busy.  Now that the everyday has calmed down to a low rumble I'm happy to be putting words to the digital page once more.  I'll try not to leave a two month gap again.

Even though I haven't written, quilting has gone on in my life -  just in a much diminished capacity. I've finished the first of four blocks of what will hopefully be an appliqués table covering. This is it below.


 I'm making all the blocks the same motif.  Now that I've completed needle turning the first block I'm in a quandary as to how I would like to quilt it.   I'm thinking that as the finished piece will be very symmetrical it would work well as a quilt-as-you-go project.   I'm wondering if I should hand quilt it or machine?   I think probably machine since its going to be a functional as well as ornamental piece, machine quilting will make it a bit more durable and long wearing.

I'm considering this piece as a bit of practise going into my Baltimore Album quilt.   I'm not putting a timeframe on when I want this mega masterpiece to be completed.   I'm just going to let it evolve as it will.  Sort of a metaphor for life really - just let it evolve as it will.....

And on that note I'll close this post.   I'll 'speak' with you later.  I'm glad to be back.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts