Where has the time gone?

I can't believe the last time I blogged was in January.  Wow.  I knew I'd let time pass without posting but the reality hit recently when someone asked me about my blog and I thought - jeez, it's been a while.

I'll try and do a bit of a catch up but everything comes with time.  Real life always comes before blogging life.  Though I'm a 'modern' quilter in that I interact on a fairly regular basis with quilters far and wide through the Internet, my feet are firmly planted in the non-digital world and that's where my priorities lie.

So, what have I accomplished quilting wise in my absence?  I finally finished my psycho-70's apple core quilt and it's serving its purpose right now on my bed.  I haven't set up a photo shoot to show it in all it's glory.  That will come shortly.

I've started a few new projects (of course) and have let a few fall to the bottom of my projects to do list.  In good time they'll make their way back up to projects I'll work on soon.

I've been away on a quilters retreat and another one is coming up in a week.  I love retreats.  They are a lovely respite from the everyday and a great time to get together with like minded quilters to 'talk shop', oogle fabric and just relax.



Perth Modern Quilt Guild Retreat April 2013


I started a new project during the retreat.  It's the +X quilt.  I've having a lot of fun with this one because it's an everything goes quilt - literally.  Each block has a theme and then you put all the blocks together.  No color matching, no agonizing over fabric choice.  Definitely my kind of quilt.

 
My 'Ode to Mad Men' block
So, my wonderful readers this is all for now.  I will strive not to let so much time pass again before I post.


Comments

Popular Posts